Sunday, November 30, 2008

The biggest task at hand

Putting the Christmas tree up every year is quite fun. I really do enjoy it and it has become quite the family tradition to let mom do all the hard work and then they all come back to help put the ornaments on. I don't mind but I have a feeling as Zoe gets older she will be my helper. Jason's big job is to get it all out for me and when I need him to put the middle section on for me, boy it is heavy. Usually this takes me hours and hours and hours to complete, but this year it was cake. I usually have a ton of scratches too, but not a one. I think it has to do with the fact that we are on a wood floor now.

After we have set it all up at night we tend to sit around the fire and drink hot coco. This year was a little different, we no longer have the real wood fire place, it is the gas one which is a bummer, but we still had that going and instead of hot coco we went with pumpkin pie and watched Christmas movies.

Here are some pictures of the day.

Oh here are a couple from Thanksgiving.

Jason and his lil Pea.


This is my cousin Jess and Gram. I just loved my Gram and the Christmas hat she put on.


Here is the beginning and what it looked like before I started. The tree cover was made and given to us my his Aunt Dee years ago. We love it and use it every year.


Bottom section going up. I still have to fluff it all out.


Bottom middle section


Mommy's little helper


Starting to come together. Bottom sections are fluffed.


Middle section. I had already started to fluff some of it before I took this picture, but the middle section is the biggest and most time consumming.


Here it is completed with out any ornaments.


Zoe is now helping put the ornaments on.



Kai helping his little sister put some on.


All of us getting them out and putting them on.


We need a ladder for the top area.


HMMMM what's this.


Jason and I putting more on the top section.


Adding the Angel to the top.


Jason and Pea getting more out.


The completly finished tree


Pea is watching a Christmas moving with us.

1 comment:

Sis Richard said...

I love these photos - What a beautiful Christmas tree, I can see why it is such a BIG Task! It is really nice to see these photos and feel like I am right there with you - enjoying in the activity!

Zoe is getting so big - quite the cutey for sure! I miss you guy. I am glad I finally got a chance to get back on this blog - I had lost the site a while ago and then lost my password, so I have thoroughly enjoyed looking thru it! NICE WORK JANELLE!

Love to you all and Merry Christmas ~ Sis/Sarah/Aunt Sarah in VT