Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Plus One Minus One

This past Saturday we had quite a few things to do in terms of errands. One just happened to be stop at Pets Mart to pick up Ranger Dog some dog food. Jason said he was just going to run in and grab it so Pea and I stay in the trunk. But seconds later he comes back to the trunk and says, "they have puppies out here if you want to show Pea." Bad idea, the instant I saw them I thought, "they look like Fury when he was a puppy." I am handed a little girl to hold and snuggle before Jason came out. All I needed him to say was no; I threw everything at him, we have Ranger, we would have pay for 2 dogs at a kennel when we go on vacation, it's not in our budget (laughable)...nothing made him say no, and we have no self control, hence the laughable next to "it's not in our budget". So paperwork was filled out and home she came.

We instantly came up with the name Bruin. Jason is a die hard Bruins fan and they are in the Stanley Cup Finals, in fact they are playing right now in game 7 and they just scored the 2nd goal, so of course Bruin just fit.

We get home kids are in love, lil man and Jason have their bonding moments with her because of how much she looks like Fury, we attempt to get Ranger to love her, with little success. But we knew it was all going to come around and life was grand!

That night, our cop neighbor's niece and daughter climbed the fence to come over and jump on the trampoline with Kai, we were shocked when Ranger became aggressive and went after their niece. It turns out Ranger did bite her and broke the skin, so we had to make the tough decision to return Ranger to his previous owner. Unfortunately if it would've been the other neighbor I think they would've been a little more understanding, they don't have young kids & the bite was pretty minor, but this one is a cop and they have 3 young girls and the fence between our house is small enough they just didn't feel comfortable with Ranger & bottom line he did bite a child.

It was a sad night, but his previous owner picked him up on Monday. He is a lot different since they had him so we are hoping he will be able to stay with them for good.

So we are now back to one dog.

Meet sweet Bruin who is cheering on her name sake!!!



Goal 3 just scored. Bring out the CUP!

No comments: