Friday, June 24, 2011

Hope Glory Comfort



I have been having a hard time finding the right words to put down for this blog post. So I am going to just let them flow and see where this takes me.

The above picture was taken today at Hope's service. She was born on Wednesday June 15th at 1:13 AM and she weighed 7lbs 4 oz. Her mommy is one of my best friends, Chanda, and her daddy is Chanda's husband and also my dear friend, Brian.

Lets back up a second, how did we get here 10 days later to gather, comfort and pray together at her service. On Monday the 13th Chan starting having consistent contractions and just concentrated on those all through the night and into Tuesday morning. She said it hit her like a ton of bricks that she couldn't remember the last time she felt the baby move. She thought back and it was sometime Monday afternoon. She was planning on having a home birth so they called the midwife who quickly came and searched for a heartbeat. They believed they had found it but still decided to rush to the hospital, when they arrived all the tests were done and the devastating news that the baby was gone, was just unimaginable.

It was about 4:45 PM when Autumn called hysterical with the news, I think I was in shock because there were no tears, there was a calm and just a disbelief. It should never happen to anyone, and certainly not them, but they began to prepare for the heart wrenching hours and days ahead. Anyone that knows Chan and Brian, they tend to seclude themselves when they have a child so they just have their alone time and so we all wait for the right time to visit and meet the new arrival. Well this...it was all up in the air, do we go to the hospital, do we wait for approval to come, what do we do? No one prepares you for such a time like this and I have lost loved one's close to me, but this was different, what do you say to your best friend who has lost her baby. I just wanted to wrap my arms around them and hold on.

I spoke to Autumn briefly that night with just a quick update, she still hadn't had the baby by the time I went to bed. I received a txt early Wednesday morning that it was a girl, they didn't know what they were having, and she delivered her at 1:13 AM. No other details but she would update later when she went to the hospital. I had the day off, but during that time I was trying to preoccupy myself with getting everyone ready for family pictures that evening. I did my best to put on a smile and no tears, but once the pictures where done and we were on our way home the txt came with her name.

Hope Glory Comfort because our Hope is in heaven, Glory be to God, who Comforts us in our tribulations.




I said her name and the reason for her name and felt the Spirit & knew He was there with them; with all of us as we are all heartbroken. I dreamt all night about them and woke up in tears, I just wanted to see them and hold them and comfort them, that is all I kept thinking. I spoke to Autumn that afternoon and she verified they were welcoming visitors and needed them too, so off I went to see them.

I was humbled by their faith in our Lord. They were so calm and at peace, but broken as well. The 4 of us girls sat on Chan's bed and looked through the pictures, mementos the hospital had put together and listened to Chanda explain all the details from the beginning to Hope's birth . She was perfect in every way but she was gone. When she was born the cord was wrapped around her neck 2 1/2 times and even around her shoulder, so they are pretty sure that is what happened.

I just got home from being with them this afternoon and it felt great. We don't get to see each other as much as we would all like, they have 7 kids that keep them busy, we have our 2 that keep us busy, we live on opposite sides of the city and so many other reason's, but as I was with them this evening I felt joy because I was able to be near them and hug them and let them know that no matter how busy our lives are or distance...I love them and they mean the world to me.

So I end this with the sad fact that they spent their week picking out the tiny urn, getting her ashes and having a service for her, but through it all, they have HOPE, they give God the GLORY, and they have COMFORT in Him.

Thank you Jesus.

Right before the servies Chanda asked me to take a lot of pictures. She said with my camera phone or whatever she just wanted some pictures. I told her I always bring my camera with my but I can say I was emotional and my hands were shaking so this is what I was able to get for you Chan.



Daddy and Melisande


Chanda being comforted



Praising God in the storm.

Momma giving comfort




Their beautiful children in the order they were recieved.

Wish this picture of Matthew would've come out better, but it was before I realized my camera settings were off. He is so handsome!


Sweet beautiful Ashley.


The beautiful twin sisters Hannah and Sarah.


Too cute Ean


Also too cute Tobin


Adorable Melisande - She has the best smile.

Hope



Auntie Autumn with handsome Matthew - this is a better picture of him.


Before I left I took one last shot full view.


We arrived at their house for some one on one time. Matthew with grandma Edna.


Terri and I stopped to pick up this book by Angie Smith about losing their little girl and knew Chanda would want to read it. It's heartbreaking but theire is Hope and Comfort through it.


Brian and Matthew


I love you Brian and Chanda - you will always be my family.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

beautifully written and i can feel the love you have for your friends Janelle. She will treasure those pictures you were able to take for her as well. i have friends who have lost a child too, no one should have to go through that. I will keep them in prayers!

Hope's Daddy said...

Thank you for this entry and all you've done. The pictures are beautiful.