Thursday, December 16, 2010

Nope..still not looking like Christmas, but we're having our own December fun!

Here we are, mid December and not a snow flake in sight. In fact on Tuesday we had a high of 70, so it feels more like spring here. It makes if a little hard to get into the Christmas spirit to say the least, but we have had some fun of our own to get us into the spirit. For one, Kai is almost done with his basic 1 ice skating lessons, so I have some good pictures of him from his last class looking happy as can be. At least it was cold, you know the ice all, to warrant him wearing a sweater.



Next up; this past Saturday happened to be one of the busiest, but most fun times. We took Kai to karate and after about 45 minutes of class he was finished. We loaded back in the car and went to my Aunt Debbie's book warehouse. She works for a kids distributor for books and they were having their annual warehouse sale. We were able to get books, books and more books for a great price. After the busy morning, we were able to unload Pea with my sister since she was going to Disney on Ice with both Aunties at 3:00. By the time we got home, I got a call, from my sister, my mom was not home with our little sister Whitney yet, so she had to leave without her but she didn't want the ticket to go to waste. So after a quick transfer of 1 Disney on Ice ticket through flash seats, I made a mad dash to the Pepsi Center to be there by the time it started. It was about 2:30 when I left my house and I was in my seat by 3:05. Thankfully there was no traffic I had to deal with so I was able to make it there in record time. I was excited I was there to share this with Pea. Auntie Terri bought great seats for her, front row, so she sat in awe, eating her popcorn and being spoiled like the Princess she is.



Once that was over I made a quick trip home to get gloves & hat for Pea and a warmer coat for me. We were going to The Hudson Holiday Lights in Littleton, & since it was night time, the wind happened to be blowing, making it very cold so we needed warmer attire. None of us had actually ever been to this place, but I read it was rated the best lights in Colorado for 2009, so rather than the Denver Zoo lights or Botanical Gardens, we chose to go here. I have to say we were extremely happy with our choice. We walked around viewing, watching and admiring all the lights and displays, but the best part was going on a sleigh ride. Pea loved every second of it and by the time the night was done, she had passed out without eating her chicken nuggets from yummy Chick-Fil-A. She ended up sleeping till 6:30 the next morning, which is not always the case for her. It was an amazing day and Hudson Holiday Lights will be a tradition we follow every year.



To top off the wonderful weekend we took the kids to see Narnia Voyage of the Dawn Treader. We were all quite excited to watch this movie and enjoy more family time. The movie was fantastic and it ended a very busy weekend with some wonderful memories.

I noticed as I was going through all the photos that there were some pictures I never posted, so here are some of my favorites I missed along the way.


Here are some of my favorite people as we are waiting for The Roger Waters - The Wall concert to start. What an amazing concert, if you have a chance to see it in your town, we highly recommend seeing it, no matter the cost.



The wall behind us, by the end of the night it was complete as they continued to build it through out the concert and of course the last thing was the wall came tumbling down.



Who can this pretty little princess be.

We had to straighten her hair before going to see Tangled.

My amazing Grandmother, Nora. She is looking great at almost 85.



Jason & his mother having a little fun as he carves the turkey.



I think this is the only picture we have together during her stay. It was a good one!



Cooking away

No comments: