Christmas Eve was an exciting one for us this year. Pea was so excited to go to Church and celebrate the birth of Jesus. Unfortunately at dinner she suddenly became sick with what she said was a headache. She was so adamant about going she tried to say she wasn't sick, so I ran home to get her some meds and we all set out to church. She ended up sleeping the whole way there, we live 25 minutes from our church, and she also slept through most of the service. She did wake up just in time to light our candles and sing Silent Night. But what an amazing service we had. The music was incredible and Pastor Geno gave a wonderful service on Jesus birth.

Kai wasn't old enough to have a candle that burned so he got the fake one. Auntie Whitney thought it was pretty funny.

Proof that my heathen husband went to his first ever Christmas Eve service with us & that God is still doing a work here.
After service we went home and Pea fell back to sleep. We always open our gifts on Christmas Eve with my dad, so they came over around 8:00 PM. Pea slept till right before we started to open gifts.
Auntie Whitney was helping the sleepy Pea open her gifts.
Daddy pointing to Pea the wobble people farm set she got.
Epic Mickey ~ Kai is playing it as I work on this post.
My dad thought this was the greatest. He loves to fish so the kids found him this small fishing pole lighter.
Jason acting out his best Bruce Lee impersonation.
I so wanted this, but didn't think anyone really knew, but my dad knew...I was so happy when I opened this. Tim Tebow is the MAN!!! Hoping he will keep the Bronco's hope alive...we believe.
Ok so Jason had to make the cookies for Santa, and trust me, he is normally an amazing cook, but what in the world happened here?
Lucy opening her socks that will keep her warm.
See he is a good cook, he got a Wok.
Maria got Francine Rivers newest books. If you haven't read them yet, get them. Loved both, Her Mother's Hope is the first one and Her Daughters Dream is the last. About mother daughter relationships that many of us can relate to.
The best, most comfortable pillows. Had to get my dad one. How is it dad?
Pea putting out the cookies and milk for Santa. She than went to her room and talked about Jesus in her heart and couldn't wait to wake up and say Happy birthday.
We have never really had Santa cookies and milk much in the home, Kai never really was into it, plus we have always just talked about Jesus. This year though, Pea has really been excited about Santa coming. I think watching a lot of the shows about Santa and such really helped make her like the idea. So I had no problem letting her enjoy this special moment.
I have to say this was one of my favorite Christmas Eve's. Mostly because it was the first time my entire family went to Church together. I am so thankful that whatever little obstacles that tried to keep us away, God was faithful, and we were all able to celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. We hope you all had an amazing Christmas Eve as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment