Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hawaii here we come



Since December I have been saying we were most likely going to Hawaii and I was just waiting for the final confirmation. I finally got that confirmation mid January. I know some people have said congratulations to me and some of you are wondering why so here is how it all happened.

At my company we have a little perk knows as President's Club. For my job I have a quota of $3500 a month I need to hit in sales, but in order for me to qualify for President's Club I have to hit at least $4000 or have made over $40,000 in sales for the year. Needless to say I hit my number. Now keep in mind I am not a sales person, but I do close deals for our agents, it's pretty much a done deal when I contact a customer, and I also upgrade and add new services to our agents existing base, which we all get credit for. In addition to doing that I also support the agents by getting them quotes and processing their orders and that in itself is no easy task. I could bore you with the details of all that goes into processing an order but I wont. Take my word for it, processing over 40 orders by myself, while adding the additional quotes and other items needed to take care of our agents can be stressful, but I suppose going to Hawaii makes up for it. Wink wink.

Anyway back to Hawaii...This President's club there are a little over 60 people going to Waikiki Honolulu and I am happy to say my manager and I are very happy to be 2 out of the 60 something going. With this you get to take a guest with you and of course that would be my hubby. The company is paying for the flights round trip, accommodations, food and 1 activity. We will have an awards show on Saturday night but the rest of the time is doing what we want.

We will be staying at the Moana Surfrider Westin Resort.






The activity we have decided to go with is surf lessons, then surfing. This is something we would never pay for ourselves and it will be pretty funny to see little 4'11" me on a surf board. We would have loved to do the scuba diving but we have no time to get certified before we leave due to kids activities already booked up. But I know we will get a few good laughs watching each other.

Jason was stationed on Oahu for 3 years so we are going to see about getting a tour of the Marine base and also hike Diamond Head.

View of Diamond Head from the Resort.



We will leave on Thursday March 11th and extend our time, coming home on Saturday March 20th. The company's sponsored time will end on Monday the 15th and so at that time we will fly to Kauai and spend the rest of our time there. Of course any extension of time is on our dollar but who can pass up the opportunity to go to another island and explore.

We have our flights booked and our condo reserved. We will be staying on the North shore of Kauai in Princeville. We have been advised by many that this is the best place to stay in Kauai.

I can hardly wait to post pictures from this vacation. I am sure it will be upon us before we know it. Just need to get my Pea prepared to be with out of us that long.

No comments: