Sunday, January 17, 2010

Back in Action!

So as many of you know, our little piece of junk Kodak camera decided to quit working on Christmas Eve. Ok so I guess I should be nice...it did take some decent pictures for us along the years, but nothing like the one I had been wanting to buy for over a year would. So I finally made the big purchase and can't tell you how happy I am.

My lovely new Canon Rebel Xsi.



So of course I have been playing with my new toy and trying to get acquainted with her. You have already seen some of my photo's I took. Pretty much all the one's from the New Years post. Here are some more to show you my skills. Ok ok I am no Cassie, she is a friend of mine who is an amazing photographer, go here to see some of her amazing pictures http://www.sassafrasphoto.com/blog/. I am just happy to be able to capture some great pictures of my kids.

Momma & her Pea



My little man.



Curly Sue



Who doesn't love some Chick Fil A. Pea sure loves their lemonade and so do I.



She is such a stinker. She was saying NO when I told her to look at me so I could take a picture.



Kai playing the video games. He doesn't let me take much pictures of him these days.



Enough of that. So what is new in the Harms household. Well lets see. We have a completely potty trained little Pea. Woo Hoo no more diapers. She has been potty trained really since after Thanksgiving, but she does wear pull ups at night. Oh the big news this weekend is that we turned her crib into a toddler bed. We had attempted this early last year but clearly we jumped the gun. But 3 times this past week, she took her pull up off in the middle of the night, and wet the bed. So Friday night daddy put the toddler bed up and life is great yet again.



She has slept both nights all night with out coming into our room. So far so good. That was one of the reason's we put it back together, she would wonder into our room in the middle of the night and end up in our bed. So turning a new leaf and no accidents these last two days.

I hear some of my friends talk about how much their kids love each other and play together well, how I envy you. Not in our home, maybe that has to do with them being 8 years apart. Pea is mean to Kai and screams at him. Kai is a very loving boy, but knows how to push her buttons too. I look forward to the days this ends, but I am beginning to think it may go on for quite some time. Now they do have some nice moments together where they run around, play wrestle & so on, but for the most part our time is spent breaking up these two.

Kai is hitting her in the head (lightly) with the broken baseball bat.



I get closer and see why, she is digging her little nails into his hand. They are quickly broken up.



Now we are onto the stairs. Pea is getting ready to attack.



She would have attempted to dig her nails into his face if I hadn't warned her.



Proof of Kai pushing her button. He has just kicked, Toby, Zoe's stuffed bear, off the stairs. Zoe is looking to see where it is.



The screaming & crying begins about "MY TOBY"



Toby is rescued and in hand.



All better and they are now having fun again running around the main level.



Guess who got the last beat down!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The new camera is taking some great pics, I want one too! Love the pics of Pea with her long straight her, she looks so grown up! :)