Saturday, September 27, 2008

The Exterminator!

The time has come to get this bug out of our home. The sick bug that is. The one person who has not caught this bug has been Kai, unfortunately he came home from school yesterday with a sore throat. Pea came home a little stuffy again and I still have the cough and sore throat.

I am done with my weekends being taken over by this. For whatever reason it did not dawn on me to do what my sister suggested, but her and my mom are fanatical when it comes to the sick bug, but when they get sick they get really sick. So I headed to the store with my sister and kids in tow and we grabbed the Lysol wipes and other general cleaning items. I got home and began going through the house wiping all services that the kids touch, Zoe's toys, the cabinets, appliances, door handles, stair rails that Pea holds to climb down the stairs. Every possible spot really I could clean and disinfect I did. Then I went around the house and sprayed Lysol all over. I didn't care that we were all choking from the smell. I am DONE! Lastly I now have Kai wearing mittens around the house. I am going to the store to buy all of us some cheap ones and when ever someone is sick we will all be wearing them. At least that is my goal. This is what my mother and sister do and they don't seem to pass it around. I may begin going to the store wearing mittens as well especially through this winter season. That is what one of my Aunt's does because her immune system is so low, she doesn't care and after all this sickness I understand. But she has not been sick in over a year. So we will be trying these methods and post how it goes.

Kai is helping.


The evidence of this helping, see the items he has chose to clean.



and finally the Exterminator with all his gear, gloves and all:

2 comments:

Lisa said...

ha, love it! and hope it works and keeps the sickies away too, NOT FUN!!

Sis Richard said...

too funny! Teaching him well - germ kiling, protective gear and all with a smile! I love it!