Sunday, September 21, 2008

A case of the sickies...AGAIN!

Here we are again, another weekend rolls around and Pea is sick. She was fine yesterday and even enjoyed eating a ton of food at my company picnic, but this morning, she woke up around 5:00 and wanted to be nursed and then about an hour later threw it right up. At first I thought it was just some random thing because she seemed fine, but oh I was wrong. I had to run to the store so she came with me, she loves to bum around. We are at the store all seems fine, she is riding in one of those carts that is made into a car for the kids. I hear her whining but trying to get some deli meat. After I tell the guy what I would like, she is starting to get even more aggressive in her whine. In the mean time I see what looks like someone dropped peaches, and thought for a moment, maybe someones kid got sick never thinking it could be my own, but since Pea continued to get more upset I relented and go to get her out. What do I see to my surprise, the same dropped peaches, only it was clearly my Pea's breakfast she had thrown up. She had it on her shoes and feet since they were sandals and her pants. GREAT! By the time I figured out it was my child that created the mess on the floor they were already in the process of cleaning it up. So we quickly clean her up, she is fine and seems no worse then before, we get the main things we needed and get out of there. We get home and Jason helps me put down the plastic bags on the bed and some old sheets to cover. I was downstairs getting the final things I need before going back up to her and she starts to cry. Most parents know that cry too...so you know she has just thrown up or is about to. I tell Jason quick go to her, and he the dad who does not handle these things well is running up the stairs saying what do you want me to do. I run up there as well and she has thrown up all on the sheets and Jason is patty her back trying to keep his distance and we begin the clean up. And the back and forth of replacing sheets and washing her up began. Poor thing. She is now sleeping for the evening, and I just hope she will get through the night with out anymore clean ups. It's been since about 3:30 since the last one so I think we may be out of the danger zone. Who knows what bug this is now, but I just pray that we can eventually get out of this game of tag your it sickness. Here is a picture of the day before and then today. What a difference, and now I am off to take some more EmergenC because my throat is yet again getting that feeling.



Here she is with Auntie Terri and Auntie Whitney eating and pointing to a dog that licked her face. Look at the cute face she is making. We love that face.



We have lined the bed with plastic bags and good thing because 2 more times of throw up and all I have to clean is the ratty old sheets she is laying on.



Here is sickly Pea. Her eyes are really red but the right one even more, I think she has a little cold in her eye because she is getting all the gunk as well. Notice the sheets covered the plastic bags. Life saver.

This next shot was from the last time she threw up. Kai came into the room and saw it and said "DISGUSTING!" and quickly left and slammed his bedroom door shut.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you all get well soon. Being sick is for the dogs.
Love you all,

Dad

Unknown said...

Terri,
You are a super Auntie and Sister to both Kai, Zoe and Whitney. Just what I love seen you do.
I Love you,
Dad