Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

I guess we are really there - Thanksgiving is tomorrow and that means Christmas is right around the corner. I personal don't feel like we are really here but I have accepted it which means my mom and I did our ritual day before Thanksgiving preparation. This means the turkey is stuffed and ready for the oven tomorrow morning. I do enjoy this ritual her and I started back in 2001; its nice to spend a couple of hours with just her and I talking before we dive into getting the stuffing ready and then stuffing that turkey. There has only been one time where we were baffled by a turkey we got. A couple of years ago we had discovered our turkey had only 1 wing, we have no clue how that wing came to be missing, clearly some one made a mistake, but we ventured on and no one really noticed till we pointed it out, but we always have a laugh about it. There really is no difference this year as any of the others in the food department. We have all your traditional thanksgiving food, but you can't have Thanksgiving in our home without these additional sides; green or red chili, pinto beans, tamales and Jason's mac n cheese. In fact one year we did try only traditional food and needless to say we had a lot of unhappy people. So we vowed never again to have these items missing and it really is the typical Thanksgiving meal in our home. We may dread the preparation but we also look forward to time with family and friends. With that being said, we hope you have a very blessed Thanksgiving filled with love of friends, love of family and of course love of food but most importantly that you thank the One who gives us grace, mercy and loves us unconditionally.

Now onto the last month pictures to share.

The kids and Jason decided to have an all out attack on each other with nerf toys. Needless to say it was a crazy night which ended with Pea crying only because she didn't want to stop.

Here she comes ready to attack her daddy.

Yea...getting a little too close there.

He's down and she is all over it! Lil man has just whacked him good on his behind too.

Do you think he has had enough?

Lil man thinks he is the champion of this attack.

Pea ran & hid after the series of the last attacks, but she can't hide from daddy, she is caught.

He will coax her out with water from above!!!

But while he is retaliating, lil man sneaks up from behind.

Its a sneak attack and he needs to quickly escape.

Oh no you don't - here comes daddy!

Searching and searching but look who was slick. Lil man got him again.

I'll get you my child!!!

Look who was really hiding in the closet...she came out to a few good whacks in as well.


And it went on like this - back and forth for a while.

Pea was having a melt down here, because it was time to stop, but daddy came to gather her up.

She wanted nothing of it. She just wanted to play some more and knew it was coming to an end.

But I don't want to stop playing! She slept well that night though.


Next up was Halloween, Pea actually had been saying for about 2 weeks leading up to it, that she wanted to be a Dragon. So off I went to find a Dragon costume and this is what we got.



She even scared Bruin just check it out - of course she had to pause because Dragon's have to go potty too.




Next up we had our first snow storm of the fall. I believe it was on November 2nd which is not unusually for Colorado, but it was a nice dump of snow and of course not much since then. In fact tomorrow is supposed to be a high of 68 - I know beautiful right. Anyway so we got maybe 7 inches here in Arvada. I only took one picture.

Isn't she lovely?



Last but not least this past Saturday I went to drop lil man off at the Aunties and Grandmas. I had just walked in the house and was putting Pea down on my bed, she fell asleep on the way home, when I hear this loud crash & say what the heck was that. I quickly looked out the bedroom room window and see this aspen tree laying our our deck. So I go downstairs to the back deck and see this:




Our neighbor behind us was taking this dead tree down when his rope snapped. Luckily it didn't cause any damage just a lot of branches all over the deck and backyard. But we quickly were introduced to our neighbor. He owns a pretty big piece of land behind us where he grows Hops and sells it all t Brewery's in Boulder. He bought the house right behind his property and sort of behind us as well, both of the properties sort of back to us. So anyway the property he just bought he is going to be renting out so he is getting it ready and wanted that dead tree out. Needless to say it wasn't how he envisioned it happening, but Jason was able to enjoy some chainsaw action.



That has been just some of the fun we have been doing this past month. Hope you all have had a great November and hope to see you come December.

No comments: