Sunday, October 23, 2011

Where have we been

Well we have been pretty busy to say the least! Our lil man has been busy with Karate what seems like non-stop to get him ready for testing. He was testing up in Breckenridge this past weekend for his 3rd star, I believe they need 7 to get to 2nd degree black belt.

So in between that time, we have been to concerts here and there, work, church and life in general.

Here are a few pictures of Pea, since she is the only one that lets me take pictures these days and a little story about this past weekend, but first the pictures. Some of you have already seem them on Facebook though.



The story about this picture...Pea closed her bedroom door, and usually when she does this you know you need to check on her because she is usually up to no good. About 5 minutes later I open her door and Bruin comes running out like she has been tortured and Pea turns around very quickly and says, "it's my makeup mommy." I walk away quickly because I don't want her to see me laughing and also to grab the closest camera, my phone. I walk back to the bedroom and get this picture.


Kicker is, this is not makeup, it is the dry eraser markers that she has drawn all over her self. I am not kidding when I saw ALL OVER herself. I go to wash her and it is on her feet, under her feet, front and back of her legs, of course all you see in the picture, and then she picture up her PJs and says, "here too Mommy" meaning all over her stomach AND her back. I was like HOW DID YOU GET IT ON YOUR BACK! I mean really, did Bruin the dog help her. Luckily it came off a little easier then a thought, but some spots not for a couple of days.




So just when we thought we had removed the dry eraser markers 4 days later RIGHT before we were getting ready to head out the door to school/work, she walks in looking like this.


Note the nice glasses she gave herself, I should have made her go to school looking like this, but again we washed her off and those markers are GONE!




Then you have her looking silly in the bath. She is so adorable either way.


Really these are the only pictures I have taken recently. Which brings us to this past weekend. I had taken Friday the 21st off from work as well as tomorrow, just for some me time, and since Jason and lil man where heading off to Breckenridge for the weekend I figured after they headed out I would meet up with our agents for a lunch gathering and then do a little shopping. Luckily while I was checking out I received a call from a frantic lil man. He was begging me to check in his room for his black belt. Needless to say they were already in Breckenridge and he realized he didn't have it. SO I rushed home, I was about 30 minutes from home shopping in Cherry Creek, which I have to say, not a fan and there is no easy way to get to the HWY so yea it was 30 minutes before I got to the house. I made a call to my sister and asked her to pick up Pea from school and stay with her for the night which she happily agreed to. I arrived home and found this waiting for me:



Black Belt hanging just waiting!

So I packed up an over night bag and headed out. I had to be there before 5:00PM because they all had to be lined up by then, but thankfully it was only about 15 to 3:00 and it only takes about an hour and 15 minutes to get there from our house. I had to fuel up as well but I was there right at 4:00.

When I got there and knocked on the door, lil man came running out and hugged me forever thanking me over and over again. I could feel his heart pounding and he was crying. I just told him, "it's ok buddy, everyone makes mistakes, lets hope you learn from this!" He has been so grateful to say the least. I spent the night with them and was happy to be able to watch him do most of the testing Friday night.

We slept like crap, I have never had an issue with altitude but we happened to be on the 8th floor this time and I think that was affecting me. I had a slight headache through out the night and just stuffy as well. So we were all up by 6:00am; they had to head out for their run and I was on the road by 8:00 am.

People have said your a good mother and so on, but I can't imagine not have being there for my lil man. I would do it over again in a heartbeat; for one we put a lot of work and time into getting to this point, for two money was paid to stay at the resort for the weekend, and three and most importantly he is my lil boy and needed me. They were home just in time to watch the end of a 4th quarter comeback Bronco game & lil man, he handed me his 3rd star all the while hugging and thanking me again. I would say it was all worth it.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

oooh, the pea marker pics crack me up!! :)