Sunday, May 22, 2011

One week away

We are just a week away from our little princess celebrating her 4th birthday. There are times where it seems like just yesterday we were waiting to welcome her to our world.

The day we were to be induced, the hospital called at 1:20AM to tell us they were ready for us to come to the hospital. Yes 1:20am, but I didn't really sleep well because the contractions were there off and on all night. We got to the hospital at 2:00am, they hooked me up to the monitors and Jason thought he was going to relax on the bench and go back to sleep for a while...yea not so. They quickly discovered that I had no fluid and every time I had a contraction her heart rate would drop. The doctor came in to discuss options in case it was a longer labor, but while she was talking to me I had a contraction so she stopped to watch the monitors and said, "we can't wait, we have to do a c-section, there is no way she will make it through delivery with a 2 minute contraction," it turns out her heart rate would drop every time I had a contraction, so in I went and out she came 30 minutes later at 3:15am. To this day I don't know how accurate all of that was, but it was scary and amazing at the same time. Poor little thing had no fluid and had a sucking wound, but there she was, even more beautiful then I imagined. It was such a long road and such a blessing that she was here & I am so thankful to God for allowing us to be parents to such a wonderful little girl.

Just hours old - our sweet Pea.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

awww, what a sweet baby girl! 4 already, where does the time go??