Sunday, June 27, 2010

Family Fun in Vail

This weekend we drove up to Vail for the weekend. It was great to have some family time and of course Kai had some Lacrosse fun too. We also took my little sister Whitney, which was great because I don't get to spend as much time as I would like with her.

We took the kids on a small hike. It was Pea's 1st hike and she did great. She did get tired going down and we wanted to get down quickly so daddy carried her most of the way. It was about a 1.5 mile hike, we didn't get to make it all the way to the main spot since we had to be down in time to get lunch and then head to the field for Kai's games, but it was still a good time.

Kai had games that began at 1:00 and Jason was coaching as well. We were there till about 6:00 that night and in between this time Whitney and I took Pea for walks and did a little shopping as well. Kai did have one goal that was the best goal of the day, as told to me by another parent. Jason and coach Kris said it was like something you would see on ESPN. I can't really explain it since I didn't see it, I just saw him yell "YEA" as we were going for another walk. Once we got back to the hotel we ended the day going swimming.

We arrived home today around 10:30 and stopped for brunch. While we were eating Jason asked Pea is she was a lady, she told him no, so she asked him what she was and she said, "I'm a Princess!" She sure is.

We ended our weekend with taking the kids to see Toy Story 3 and it was great. Pea of course sat through the whole thing eating ALL the popcorn. As I was typing this post she ran into the room with her Woody doll swinging him in the air saying, swing Woody Swing and then taking him to her room to ride her baby mini doll. So I am pretty sure loved it. Jason thinks it may even be better than the 1st & I agree. Oh and yes I cried.

The weekend has come to an end and it was packed full of excitement. I think we are all in pain from one thing or another, my ankles feel like they have been twisted every time I stand up, but nothing is better than a fun filled weekend with my family.

Time to view the memories we have captured. FYI if you ever want to view a larger picture posted, just click on the picture.


Starting out at A1 and turned around at A3



Daddy, Kai and Whitney leading the way.



Pea stopping to smell the flowers.



Who didn't blow these when they were little.



Stopping to rest.



Of course she had to stop and pick these every time she saw one. This time she smashed them rather then blow them.



What's this you ask??? A picture of the 4 of us together. I know it's a miracle. And that Peak lurking in the back with snow on it...that's 14er Mt. of the Holy Cross. No desire to hike that one.



My beautiful little sister, Whitney.




Heading down.




This is blurry because we all were running down, Pea loved it. My ankles not so much.





Mommy's turn.



There goes Kai.



Checking out the Nature Center.



Pea is feeding Mr. Tree Stump a $2.00 donation.





I took this same shot last year as well, but at the time did not know that was a little Nature Center you could go in. Very nice walk to get to it.



The Singing Trees - Designed By Ben Roth & Created w/Brad Watasbaugh. This was really sad but cool. The horrible Mt. Pine Beetle is killing many trees here and these 3 were the result of this. But they turned this into something really cool.





Looking East, just beautiful.



Auntie Whitney was playing with Pea at this great play ground.






Kai getting ready to head into a game.



Peek a boo



Jason getting his team ready to play.



Pass out finally.



Father and son



Game on.






Walking over to Vail Village.



Vail Village - Shopping!




Ending our time with some ICE CREAM!!!

1 comment:

Deb said...

Great photos of the 4th and Vail. Love the action shots of Kai and Lacrosse and an updated photo of all four of you! Pics of "Miss Zoe" are priceless!