I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th. We had a great time up to the point where the monsoon started. It rained so much yesterday we had to pack it all up and leave the park. We were able to enjoy ourselves before though.
Watching Toy Story before we get this 4th started

Kai...can we go yet.

Wind blown

Is my face really this big, because I swear when I look in the mirror it is not this big, but for some reason in photos it is HUGE!!!

Still hanging out before heading out to enjoy the 4th

Daddy and Pea getting warm under the tent. Look at her face, just loves her daddy.

Kai helping out his little sister.

She was afraid to climb this, but when no one was looking she did it all on her own. Fearless little girl!!!



Playing around. Pea is not so into it. Stinker.

Typical boy things to do.

Pea coming down the slide

and she is loving it!

The rain is coming and Kai is playing in it.

So is Pea.

Resting under the tent away from the rain. This was before it really began to pour.

We realized around 6:15 that that rain was not going to stop and we had to pack everything up. We couldn't stay there for another 3 hours waiting for the firework show to start while it continued to rain and the temperature dropped.
Here is Pea at home with some pants on at this point. I wish this picture wouldn't have come out so blurry, but it was taken with my phone camera and she was moving too quick & trying to pose at that.

Still attempting to pose, the reason for her hand somewhat on her hip.

After we were home to watched the news and discovered there were a number of tornado warnings in and around Denver. There was lighting and thunderstorms all over the state, but we were pretty sure they would still show the fireworks. So we packed into the car and off we went to find a place to park, which happened to be a Kmart parking lot.
This is by far the best picture of the night. The look of awe in her eyes is how I feel about the 4th. I have always loved the 4th since I was a kid and there is just this excitement and joy I feel about it. So to see the same on her face makes me very happy. What she said after I took this picture was, "Awesome" in a very faint whisper. I so agree my sweet Pea!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment