
Our bags were packed, and Terri was on her way to pick us up to take us to get our rental car, when Pea woke up. SHE IS SICK! We thought last night that maybe it was just teething since she has been chewing on this one side for a few days and a little running nose here and there, but oh no...coughing, fever of 100.9 and you could just see it in her eyes when she woke. So I called Terri who was almost at our house and let her know that there was no way we were leaving her with a sick little one and we couldn't leave Pea anyway.
I believe there is a reason God didn't want us to go. We were going to drive there and right now there is a major storm going on in the Mountains headed our way. In fact we heard that they closed a stretch of 1-70 because cars were sliding all over the place, we don't think we would have even made it out of the Mountains. We are expected to get 12-24 inches beginning tonight through Sunday in the Denver area and we are closer to the foothills so even more here. So we are content to be at home with the kids and each other safe. I was upset at first because we never had a chance to go on a honeymoon and we were adamant about going out of town to be alone, but as I sit here typing this up with my sick Pea laying on my chest, there is no place I would rather be.
So for now....what was to be

and what is...which we are just as happy with.

No comments:
Post a Comment