We started out around 10:15 and were back to the truck by around 12:30. It only took as long as it did because Pea had to take so many breaks. Who can blame our sweet little 4 year old. I still don't understand how she can go and go and go but you get her on a trail and she is complaining about how she just can't do it anymore. To our surprise, as we got to a section with many rocks, she took off! She was leading us up this trail, jumping over boulders and so on. Oh she was into it after the initial, I just can't take it anymore.
Lil man had no issues other than his typical I am 12 and would rather be doing anything else than being with my parents and lil sister attitude.
Once we made it to the top there was lovely signs that said the cave was closed till October 1st to protect the bats. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! Of course I guess there were signs at the beginning so Jason and lil man were aware, but I didn't see said signs till we got there. I was disappointed, but that didn't stop lil man from attempting to climb the big rock to the gated opening. He slid down and about gave us a heart attack, but he was fine. Jason attempted it as well but it is a pretty steep incline so we gave Pea a couple snacks and headed on our way back down.
Pea led the charge again but wouldn't you know it, she slid and skid up her leg and a nice cut on her elbow. She saw the blood and it was all over from there. I worked up a bandage and off we went again with a constant whine and cry the rest of the way till I picked her up and piggy backed down and up some. She was finally able to make it on her own and then daddy carried her the rest of the way to the truck.
Boy the kids and the dog were out before we pulled out of the parking lot. We went home and Jason made us some delicious Taco Rice and Cheese meal. It was a great day with the family.
So it begins.
My hiking partners
Lil man and Bruin.
My favorite picture of the day.
Father and son
Eating daddy and brothers dust.
We are headed in the right direction.
Two wonderful boys in my life and Bruin.
Proof I was on the hike trailing behind Pea.
Pea resting for the 100th time :)
She had to explore the rock. She thought this was the cave.
Lil man reflecting? Doubt it!
My handsome husband.
Taking a moment to check out the view.
Can you see the small red looking building to the right...that is where we started.
Pea in taking the lead and putting us to shame.
Lil man attempting the climb to the entrance which is blocked off.
He almost fell and Jason had to give him a hug and explain he was scared where lil man says he is fine, but I swear he was scared.
And that is about all she wrote.
I had another picture of Pea with her bandaged elbow but she got a hold of my phone and some how deleted it.
So this is our life and it is about to get a heck of a lot busier as school starts next week and so does Prep Cycle for lil man so we are enjoying the last of our Saturdays before all this begins.

No comments:
Post a Comment