Thursday, June 11, 2009

Most Compassionate!

I don't recall if I mentioned this before, but Kai has always been a very loving and compassionate boy. I can remember one time a friends baby crying and no one was really around and I looked over to see him patty her and telling her,"It's ok baby, Kai's here." He was like 3 and just so cute. In fact every year his school class will give awards and Kai is always winning "MOST COMPASSIONATE" So I am not sure why it still surprises me when he does things like the following.

We took him to Dave and Busters to celebrate his birthday on Sunday the 7th, but it's really on the 8th. Well for family and friends in Vermont and other states you can win so many tickets and then go and buy prizes with the amount of points you get. So Kai, my sisters and mom were all having a blast playing the games and winning a ton of tickets. I think they hit 1000 point jack pot at least 3 or 4 times alone. We were ready to leave so I went to find Kai and tell him, go pick the items you want with all these points, but he was already in line. I was at first mad because we still had a ton of other tickets to cash in and they were already spending these points, but then when I see he is holding a BIG STUFFED ELMO, I know it's not for him. My heart just melt. Here we are for his birthday and he gets his little sister something he knew she would love. It was the sweetest thing and even typing this up makes me all teary.

I wish I had my camera with me at that moment, Zoe was sleeping so she didn't see him till later that night and she played with him and love him the rest of the night.

So our sweet little man had a great birthday and we are so blessed to have him as our son.

Here is a shot of my 10 year old son and Pea with her Elmo from Kai.

The shocked look...


Pea and her Elmo. She loves him just look at the look on her face.


He is really about as big as her.

No comments: