Saturday, June 20, 2009

Hiking is here

We just finished our first hike of 2009. Bear Creek Canyon in Boulder. It was rough when we got to the last mile and a half. This was about 6.5 miles round trip and had about a 3000 elevation gain. It was insane and even though it was not a 14er it might as well have been with that elevation gain. It was so beautiful, we have had so much rain in the May and June it is so green and lush. Just breath taking.

Jason, my friend Andrea and I road up there and met Kenny. Andrea and I tried to get a head start but of course the boys caught up and passed us quickly. It took Andrea and I 3 hours and 20 minutes to get to the top and it took Jason about 2 hours. It took us about an hour and 45 minutes to get down and Jason about 1 hour. We are not sure about Kenny because he took off on his own. After waiting for him for about an hour and 45 minutes we left.

So here are some pictures of the day. Most have Andrea in them because I was taking the pictures. When she posts her pictures I think she will have more of me and I will then post them. I have really none of Jason because he left us in the dust.

Starting out. We need to get to those flat irons in the distance.


Andrea showing her excitement just starting out.


I am just amazed at how green it is


I hiked this last year same time and it was not this Green.


Pretty wild flowers


Devils thumb - or some people call it mushroom head or falic symbol. Not right but funny.


More incline on Shadow Canyon trail to get to Bear Creek.


For a good 1 and a half it felt like we were in a forest. It was so green and lush.


The incline we are dealing with...INSANE!


Not so happy after the amount of incline we have been dealing with.


But this makes it all worth it every time.


Me & the view just hanging out.


Relaxing and taking in God's beauty.

No comments: