Saturday, June 28, 2008

Wood Floors

Many of you know we were putting wood floors in the sitting and dinning area. We made the mistake of not asking to have the carpet replaced or money to replace it before we moved in. The previous owners had a little dog that just destroyed it by peeing all over it. When the contractor came out to remove the carpet, it was just disgusting. Jason had to go buy some Killz paint or primer to put on the base boards because it still smelled bad especially in this one area. So that was done and they started putting the floors down. They sanded and finished the rest of the main floor to tie it all in and so now the whole main floor has wood. We are so happy with it.

Here are some pictures.

I could not find a before shot but there was carpet starting right after the long window.

Photobucket

This whole room was carpet.

Photobucket

Hall way to the family room.

Photobucket

One of the best features is the flush mounts. Jason is in love with them. They are completly flush with the floor.

Photobucket

As I was taking these pictures, I hear Zoe getting frustrated so I go to check on her and this is what I find...

Photobucket

So of course she has to come and test out the new floors her self.

Photobucket

Photobucket

She seems to love them as much as we do. The contractor will be by today to buffer it one last time and remove the gross carpet from the side of the house and then we can move all the furniture back in. We had to spend 2 nights in the man's domain and were not able to keep the cooler on. I guess you don't want any air flow, so it was pretty rough, but we were able to sleep in our own beds last night. Soon it will be back to normal and hopefully we can start to put pictures on the wall and start to feel completly moved in.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

The floors like awesome! Z looks like she is enjoying the new house too! :)