Monday, February 27, 2012

Strangers in a Strange Land

Boy time has just flown right on by, but I can tell you we have been quite a busy family.

In the last month a lot has seemed to have happened. My sister in law, Sarah, came out for a weekend & stayed with us while she interviewed for a job. Within a week she was offered the job and with in 3 weeks moved out here with us. We're thrilled to have her here and older brother and little sister are getting much quality time together while she waits for her boys, husband and 2 kids, to make the final trek.



Pea has been her typical energized self but she keeps us laughing as always. Just the other day after chruch. She had learned about Zacchaeus the chief tax collector & how he became rich & how he showed he was sorry. They made a purse where they put fake money in it & that evening she came up to me half out of breath running and says, "mommy, I was running from the government!" I ask why and she says, "because they are trying to take money out of my purse." I think she got the jist of it.

This past Thursday Sarah's boys came out for a week visit and what a whirl wind time we are having. More so them with looking for homes to buy and all that, but in-between all that we have been able to get to know the boys more and just enjoy fun company. Jeff, Sarah's husband, has to be one of the best cooks I know. He should be a chef, but then it wouldn't be any fun for him I'm sure. He made us delicious dinners and wonderful breakfasts since being here. I think Jason even mentioned once that he wants to marry Jeff and I know I have said they don't need to buy a home they can just stay with us as long as Jeff makes us dinner and breakfast like he has. YUMMY!

The boys and Pea have been playing non-stop...going going going and the only time they really come up to breath is for eating and when its time to go to bed. But they get along great and just having a wonderful time together. I know Pea is going to be very sad when they are gone, but her face LIT up when uncle Jeff told her they were buying a house here in Colorado and would be closer. I mean it LIT up. Too cute. We have enjoyed showing the strangers in a strange land all Colorado has to offer them, and I think they are loving it.

Between all this we have had massive snow dumps, hurricane force winds, playtime at the park, lil man went on a 3 day snow boarding trip, and of course work, karate & church all in-between.

So now you can see why updating the blog has been on the back of my list, but during our time together we have come to appreciate every moment knowing that it is here to stay.

Now for some pictures of the last month just for your entertainment.


This is the smile my sister Terri says she looks like our auntie Nanci, but also our Grandma Cora.

Toby has taken a back seat this week as Pea has been playing with the boys, Mr. Monkey.

Just because she is too cute.

THE MAN... shoveling the 1st dump of the morning.

She knows she's adorable.

Just so pretty.

She laughed & had a great time on the swings. Bruin thought it was time to attack her boots.
Came home and her feet were frozen so time to get warm by the fire.

Yep....this is how I found poor Toby. Should we be worried?

Woke up real early to drop off lil man for his 3 day snow boarding trip.

He was pretty excited too.

Friday night Jeff made the kids (of course we ate them too) chicken quesadillas.

Lil man just arrived home, dad went to pick him up & gave us a thumbs up of how fun it was.

Chef Jeff preparing some delicious nachos.

Boy they were so good!

Lil man leading the way for the wee ones. So cute.

Sweet boy having a blast playing the Wii.

Pea thought it was time to dance like Cinderella.

Pea and now her boys hanging out.

The brothers - so cute.

Sweet boy taking it all in. I think he is ham and likes to get his picture taken.

Gentle boy as Pea watches on. She clings to him.

He is about to start laughing here just sweet joy.

Told you he is quite the ham. He loved me taking his picture.

No comments: