Saturday, October 16, 2010

Where has the time gone

Wow I feel like we have been away from the blog forever. At times it seems like the days are just rolling together and at times just dragging along. We are already in mid October and busy as ever.

We are in full swing of prep-cycle for Kai's karate. This coming Friday we will be heading to Breckenridge for BLACK BELT TESTING!!! We are very excited for Kai and so proud of him. He pushed through and praying all the hard work will get him that well deserved black belt. Last weekend he won 1st place in his tournament for his forms. He was so excited and motivated even more.

Jason's mom arrived on October 1st and will be with us through Christmas, so it has been nice visiting, eating her wonderful homeade food and getting reaquainted. The kids, especially Pea, love having her here and warmed right up to her as if she lived in our state.

I came home from church, and these lovely yellow roses were waiting for me, from my mother in law.




Zoe just finished her swimming lessons today, but that is a topic that makes me a little upset. The instructor that was assigned to her class was really not trained to handle little kids and would at times ignore some of the kids, ah hem, Pea. It was no fault of her own since she is a young high school student just not trained, but after this experience, we have chosen to not put her in the next class, and will wait till she is maybe 4 or even older like we did with Kai. She can do all those things the insructor was trying to train her to do, but certain days Pea was not into it and those days the instructor should have just taken over rather than give Pea an option. So we will wait or possilby look for a private instructor.

Getting in the water is half the battle.



But she does love the water so not a huge battle as long as the instructor wasn't toucing her.


Being a fish


She is beautiful.


We also still contiune to have our gatherings to watch our beloved Bronco's win and lose, but enjoying that time together.

My mother in law, Deb, and my mom, Jan, chatting, I am sure about health and their kids at one of our gatherings.


Getting her Arvada rec center card. She is a resident now, ok sort of.



Other exciting news on the home front. I was advised early this week that as of October 1st, I have hit my quota number for the year and have qualified for Presidents Club. This means we will be heading to Maui in March 2011. Of course I am super excited and if I keep up the pace when we get there I may be over my quota by 130% if not more. If I hit quota the next 3 months it would mean a bump in the room choice we get as well. We shall see how this turns out soon enough.

So that has been the craziness of October already. We should slow down some after Breckenridge, but all know what is coming. THANKSGIVING AND CHRISTMAS!!!

No comments: