Thursday, March 12, 2009

Slacker

I know I have been slacking in my updates, but man it has been a crazy few weeks.

I just got over the flu. Boy that has been fun. I don't know the last time I had a fever and chills. I think I was in high school. So Jason was a wonderful husband and took great care of me. Boy did my body ever feel like someone whacked me with a bat a few times. I assume that was from the cough. Kai started to get a cough and had a temp too so he missed school one day, but seems to be on the mend as well. Jason made a comment, "Oh man, you and Kai are sick. I am going to die!" He said that because Kai and I usually never get sick much less like I was. We are better though.

Kai has started Lacrosse and has his first game this Saturday. Luckily Jason had been taking Kai to some of the pre-practice games so Kai is ready we think. They had tried to practice this week in some pretty cold weather and the boys were so cold. Jason and Kai came home and just got into warm blankets and Kai did not leave his bed the rest of the night.

Zoe is continuing to grow and she is talking so much and just makes us laugh all the time. She has been fighting a strange cold lately but it has never progressed to anything more then just a running nose off and on but she wakes up with her nose all caked up. Not fun to get her ready in the morning. She still loves Elmo as much as ever and is really starting to get into Blues Clues. We had some old videos from when Kai was little and she just loves them. It is so cute to remember how Kai was about Blues Clues and now Zoe is. In fact I can only use Kai's old Blues Clues towels to get her out of the tub now. That is all she says when I am getting a towel. Oh so when I was sick Jason told her she had to stay down stairs with him because I was not feeling well and he didn't want her to touch me. So towards her bedtime he brings her up and lays her on the bed somewhat near me. I reach over to touch her back and she tells me "NO TOUCHIE" as she pushes my hand away. Amazing what their little minds comprehend.

Jason and I are doing great. We finally decided we will be going to Ouray for our anniversary. I am a Native of Colorado but have never been to the Southwest Rocky Mountains and we hear it is suppose to be the Switzerland of America so we will be heading there for a couple of days and then thinking of driving an hour to Telluride to actually ski or snowboard. We were never able to take a honeymoon so we figured we should really get away for just us and this is what we have decided. We are not a couple that likes to hang out at the beach or shop so places like Mexico where out and places we have both been were kind of eliminated too. I think we will enjoy this time together.

Here is a picture of Switzerland in America



The week before we leave for our mini vacation is my birthday and Jason will be going to Vermont to help his mom move. I told him he better be sending me some flowers at work that day to let me know he is thinking of me. It's all good though he is going to help his mother out and so excited and happy for her to move into this new place. One of our friends, Kenny, is going with him so I think it will be a nice visit with his family and time with his boys too. I will be going to dinner with my mom on my birthday and then all the girls and their kids will be coming over on Saturday to celebrate some more and I am sure one another day will be with my Dad and Maria.

So that is life in the Harms household right now. No mention of work because yes it is a big part of our life but it's not our life.

Check out the no shirt or pants Pea while hanging out with Kai and his friend Thomas.



Check out my belly Pea says and look her messy shirt.


Watching Elmo. Don't bug me look.

No comments: