Friday, January 23, 2009

A day at the Zoo

This past Monday, Martin Luther King Day, I took the kids to the Zoo. It was free day and since they were out of school that day I also took the day off. My little sister Whitney went with us as well. This was Zoe's first time at the Denver Zoo and it was such a beautiful day, close to 70, all the animals were out and about and she loved it.


Starting out our adventure.


Cougars to the right


Butt shot....I don't mean Kai.


Pea shot


Mommy and Zoe


Measuring Kai


The scary Gourilla. This one came charging at the window and hit it. Notice Pea's shocked look. He even banged his fists on his chest for us.


We tried to sit Pea on this statue of a Gourilla, but Pea would have nothing to do with it. Notice her grip on Auntie Whitney's legs.


Auntie Whitney walking her niece.


Oh yes music time.


The hide out.


and being a boy, he has to climb through it.

1 comment:

Sis Richard said...

You all look great! It looks like the zoo was quite a hit. Kai, Aunt Sarah would have climbed through the cave with you too - If I could fit :) Miss you all very much!